Saturday, March 11, 2017

HMP 722- Bloom's Taxonomy

This class was a source of stress for me in the first couple weeks. I was super busy with my normal course load at UNH and a tough accelerated HMP course at Northeastern. As a type-A, the lack of structure and uncertain aspects of this course made me nervous and got me feeling deflated. Now that my Northeastern class is over and Prof. Bonica explained the nature of this class and the type of learning on Bloom's Taxonomy scale I am appreciating the course way more than I expected.

All of my classes so far have fallen under the remember, understand, apply, and sometimes analyze levels of the pyramid. I have not taken classes in the evaluate or create levels. As a second semester senior, this upsets me. It certainly makes me jealous of the juniors in the class who are having this experience earlier in their undergrad careers. This class is also pointing out to me that my Management major in Paul has not equipped me as well as I thought it had for day-to-day managerial tasks. The opportunity to learn about individual types that I may lead and the lectures ahead is very valuable. I am particularly excited to learn about Kyle and my topic of difficult conversations.

The closest learning I did in the evaluate levels were during my Business, Government and Society class in Paul. We did a weekly module towards the end of the semester called Giving Voice to Values by Nomadic Learning. This program helped us understand ourselves and dealing with others in the workplace and in personal lives. We learned about listening, understanding, constructing arguments, and tactful relationships. Of course, much like this class, that section of the class was my favorite and I found the most valuable segment of that semester.

For reference, here is Bloom's Taxonomy Pyramid, as attached to the google group by Prof. Bonica:

No comments:

Post a Comment